Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Post: What golf means to me

Twenty years ago, my father introduced me to the game of golf. While I played competitively (with limited success, I might add) from that young age and into college, it was never the actual playing of the game that gave me my greatest joy.

Golf is a unique game that truly is more about the relationships forged along the way rather than number of birdies made. The game introduced me to all of my closest friends, including the best friend of all - my wife; it has helped teach me patience, perseverance, work ethic and honesty. I believe the game has helped my life as a professional, a husband, a son and as a person in general.

Having been tremendously lucky to have been able to play many great courses and meet some fantastic people, I realize now that I have never had so much fun in my life than in those moments when I have shared a golf experience with those closest to me. I hope to continue accumulating these experiences with friends and family and share those here. As I attend golf events and test my game in new places, this blog will provide an opportunity to document everything.

Obviously, I owe many things to the game which is why I have created this blog to try to contribute in the smallest of ways. As I collect experiences related to this sport that I love, I hope to pass along my thoughts in hopes that one day others may feel compelled to give golf a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment