Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Madness

The brackets for the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament were released earlier tonight. Having watched all of the SEC Tournament here in Nashville over the last few days, I have to say I was shocked at the omission of Mississippi State. Jarvis Varnado and his team earned the right to play in the big dance this year with their performance over the last week.

Of course, one week does not a season make - but to take down two tournament teams in Florida and Vanderbilt before being one-tenth of a second away from winning the title and then not make it into the field is hard to believe. I understand there were some bad losses on the resume, but the Bulldogs should have been in. Regardless, today's championship game and against Kentucky was one of the most entertaining basketball games I have seen in a long time.

The brackets are a little weak in my opinion. All year I have been excited at the thought of huge upsets and a wide open tournament as there really have not been any dominant teams. However, after looking through everything I think it might be chalk all the way to the finals. I'm with the experts as of now; I think Kansas might be too much for the rest of the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment