Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Tiger Woods Interview

For those who know me, everyone knows that I have always been a big fan of Tiger Woods. The man brought attention and money to my favorite game and made it cool to love golf. I have always been enamored by his talent and ability, as we all have been at times.

Tonight, Tiger granted his first interview since this whole fiasco began.

The one thing that was so striking was that Tiger was no longer arrogant or confident. As a long time fan, I loved it when I saw that "worldbeater" attitude; but after these recent events, I have to say this new approach to the public is going to go over much better.

While he did duck some questions and there were other responses that were clearly canned, I give him credit for beginning the process of addressing the public's issues with him. He took ownership and became a bit of a real person today.

I am sure there will be a few more of these types of interviews in the next two weeks as we get closer to the Masters. As he begins to leak out more information in this format eventually questions will begin to be repeated. By the time he arrives in Augusta for that first press conference, it will be easier to brush aside the repeat questions and he will be closer to moving beyond this.

He mentioned tonight that he is a little nervous of the reaction that is coming from the patrons at Augusta National; he hopes there will be a few claps but is realistic that the response might not be entirely positive. While I certainly have reservations right now on pulling for the man, Tiger Woods, I will be sure to be one of those reacting positively in Augusta for the professional, Tiger Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment